Sunday, February 12, 2012

It's more fun?

This is me blogging from the Philippines. I won't give you the background of why I'm actually here just yet. It's a long-ish story. For now, I just want to complain for a bit. Bear with me.

My midterms are coming in slightly more than a week's time. On top of my midterms, I have one presentation and one assignment due. I should be focusing all my energy on working on these things, but I'm not. Instead, I'm in the Philippines, on a "holiday", of sorts.

There's this thing called saying "no" which I'm not very good at. There's this thing called "foresight" which I'm not very good at either. My forte is backwards rationalization, but even that is failing me now. I was trying to see the bright side of going back to the Philippines.

A part of me wants to be reenergized, but getting reenergized is not the issue; the main thing I need right now is to gain momentum. Before the trip, I was starting to study harder, starting to put in the work needed for my projects. That's been derailed. I've spent a lot of time touching none of my work.

I also tried to be inspired by this trip - people in the Philippines lead a tough life. I'm not saying that it's an unhappy one, but...compared to what I have in Singapore, I feel really blessed. I thought that maybe I should be more appreciative of the opportunities granted to me, and be motivated to work even harder than ever before....but I'm already motivated.

I just want to get on and do my work, you know? I want to put in my hours, put in my work, and learn, and get the good grade I deserve. I'm a smart person, and I know that given the right circumstances, I can produce great results.

Perhaps if I didn't have my schoolwork, I'd be enjoying this trip infinitely more. They're always at the back of my mind, this tiny voice screaming at me, making me feel like I should be doing something more.

See you guys on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment