Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Once every four.

It's leap year today. Considering it's something that only happens once every four years, you'd think that something more awesome would have taken place. But nothing did. It just rolled on by, like any other day. No celebrations or fanfare. Not even on the internet. I guess we're all too caught up by the things that are already there to recognize this occasion.

Anyway, it was my maid's birthday today. She's 40 this year...but since her birthday has only occurred ten times in the course of her life, strictly speaking, she's actually thirty years younger than that. I've had a few maids in the past, but Cynthia has been with us for the longest. She came to our family about 8 years ago. Because of her I've no need for an alarm clock, there's Milo waiting for me in the fridge every morning, and no matter what state I leave my room in, when I come back home, somehow, it'll always be presentable.

Being almost 22 now, some might say that I shouldn't be relying on my maid. Indeed, I should take care of my own stuff...but it's just troublesome. That's no excuse haha, but it's certainly more convenient.

I bought her a simple cake. My two younger brothers pooled in money for the purchase of the cake, too. My parents are out of the country most of the time, so it's just me, my brothers, and her. We really owe a lot to her. She's keeps the house in tip-top conditioning and she goes the extra mile to make sure that the three of us are taken care of.

This post is dedicated to her. If you have a maid at home, let them know that you appreciate what they're doing. Yeah, they get paid and all, but it's not much, right? And they're leaving behind so many things too; they're families, husbands, friends, and children. At the very least, say thanks.

Here's the cake! Bought it from Breadtalk. Taste-wise, it's okay. There were macaroons, which I liked. I bought the flavor that I liked most, because I knew she wouldn't be eating much of it, even though it's for her. Wish I had Instagram to make the photo look nicer, but life doesn't always give you the chocolates that you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment