Thursday, February 23, 2012

Packaging works.

I spent all of yesterday night doing my TWC paper review. Okay, maybe to say "all of yesterday night" would be an exaggeration of sorts. I was doing some other things on top of the report...but the report was my end-goal for the evening.

It's only two pages; I had a lot of things to write. Content-wise, I had many things to say about the paper. To compound on my problem....well, you've read my blog, you know how long-winded I can be sometimes. And I always speak from my own standpoint, with my own voice. Distancing myself from the article, and not saying "I think", and "I feel" was difficult. After writing more than three pages of text, I struggled for a long time to cut it down to the two-page limit. But I did it eventually!

Below is my final product!



I've come to realize that in life, most things lie in the packaging. Without the cover page, and the header and the footnotes, it looks like two pages of text. There's nothing sophisticated about a wall of words. It's the little touches which give your report the "zing" that it needs. Sometimes, the book is judged by it's cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment