Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I've had worse and I've had better.

Today's Valentine's Day wasn't exactly how I imagined it would be, but it was good nonetheless. I thought it'd be more awesome, and eventful. After two years of army, this would be the first one I'd be spending in an institution after all. I had high hopes - maybe I'd have a girlfriend by now, or maybe I'd be giving away a bunch of gifts.

I've spent past Valentine's Day in a flurry of activities. There was once in Secondary 2 when me and my friend bought stuffed toys for a gaggle of girls in our class. In JC1, when I was attached, my first Valentine's Day saw me running around trying to get gifts, and trying to execute something that would make my girlfriend then happy. In JC2, though I wasn't attached, I was giving away roses, like a boss.

This year was slightly different. I had grander plans in my head. But as usual, my plans didn't really fall through. For one, I was in Philippines during the days leading up to Valentine's. I didn't have the foresight to do any prior shopping, or preparation. I'm a last-minute kind of guy, so I usually do things just the day before haha. So yesterday evening, when I reach the airport, I immidieately looked for the Chocolate Shop, or whatever it's equivalent is. It was closed. :\

I had lessons for the whole day today, too. So yeah, the plans were lessons...by default. It was good though. For my Business Law make-up class, I found a friend, and I sat beside her and got to catch up. A friend passed me some chocolates for which I'm really thankful for, because I skipped lunch. For my LTB, I think I'm really starting to enjoy my group...like really looking forward to meeting them and all. I gave the girls Valentine's Day gifts, because I'm the man. After LTB, I met some friends who came all the way from NUS and NP and studied with them for awhile. I got cupcakes, which were smashed. They tasted good anyway, smashed or not.

I had AS, which was a boring class...but I like my classmates. After that, I had an LTB meeting, where we went for our first proper meal together as a group to a Thai place at Sunshine Plaza. The food and the company was good. We had a meeting after, which was incredibly productive, I think. Went home, went for a jog, and now I'm here.

It's starting to sound like a dear diary entry, but...my brain's not really working right now, so I'm just recollecting my day. I'm single, and will be for a long time, I think, but that's not a hindrance to my enjoyment of life, you know? I just haven't met her yet, assuming that she exists.

Okay, got a morning class tomorrow. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment