Sunday, January 1, 2012

#2012resolutions

On the days leading up to 2012, I thought of resolutions I wanted to make for the coming year. Because it's 2012, I thought up of 12 resolutions. It's not terribly original (I saw other people putting up 12 resolutions on FB too), but it's a nice number, nevertheless.

1) Write a book.

2) Get to regionals.

3) Lose it.

4) Start blogging again. (Oh yeah, I'm really doing this resolutions thing right, ain't I?)

5) Let go.

6) Study books, and not just read them.

7) Be universally sexy.

8) SHINE BRIGHTER THAN THE SUN.

9) Spend less time on Facebook.

10) Be nice to everyone, even if he/she isn't a pretty girl. With nice legs. Who wears glasses. Who looks good in a ponytail.

11) Grow.

12) Stay horny. Stay foolish.

Resolutions are good because they keep you on track for the rest of the year. By writing down, you get a clearer idea of what it is you exactly want to get out of the coming year, and also by extension, your life. But you have to remember these resolutions, or else they'll be nothing more than words that you say, or type. Words are winds.

Personally, I'm coming into 2012 with more or less a blank slate. I've been out of the country for about 25 days now. I haven't been home, haven't seen some of my closest friends, and have been more or less disconnected from the rest of the world. I'm not the kind of person who makes a special effort to keep in contact with everyone at the same time. I'm more in the moment, you know?

So when I get back, I feel like it's a right and proper restart of my life as I know it. I feel like I'm building everything up from ground zero. And I kind of like that, because I'm a better person now, and I think that I'm going to do things right, this time around. :)

This year, I'm not going to let a damn thing hold me back.

No comments:

Post a Comment