Sunday, January 15, 2012

TED and Tetris

So for the better half of the day (or worse, depending on how you choose to look at it), I was playing Tetris Battle. I wasn't just playing Tetris Battle though. I was on TED as well.

TED is a website about "Ideas worth spreading". Intellectuals from all over the world give their take on various issues affecting our world today. It's not just opinions that is shared though. They talk about ground-breaking projects that they are trying out in their local communities, projects which we ourselves can emulate, if we wish. They talk about ideas which will revolutionize the way you think, and the way the world works.

There's this particular video I watched about Dave Egger and his project, Once Upon A School. He decided to rent out a spot which doubles as a publication centre, a tuition place for kids, and a shop for pirate supplies. I'm not even kidding.


I started out on this because of a less-than-noble purpose. I was doing research for my Leadership and Teambuilding Module hahaha. But watching this videos, in a way, has shifted my mindset. Because here's something where I can move beyond just going for the grade. If I want to, I can actually change the world (the caveat here being 'If I want to').

It's a fruitful way to spend the day, I think. I was supposed to watch a movie today with some friends, but I didn't. All week, I've already been in school, with other people. I'm an introvert, by nature, and this alone time is exactly what I need to wind-up my spring. The week has really spent me, and today, I recharge, and tomorrow, I will face the challenges of the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment