Monday, January 16, 2012

What is important at this very moment might not be so important to you later in your life.

Here's how today went, pretty much.

I woke up in time. By "in time", I meant I woke up when my maid came to wake me up. My maid woke up late, however, and owing to this, I woke up late too, though by my definition of "in time", I did no wrong. Anyway, this meant that I had to rush to school. My whole ritual went by in fast-forward. Showering, brushing, shaving (my facial hair), packing my bag...it all went by in a flash.

I still managed to reach school in time. I guess I can afford to wake up later...it's just that I don't like rushing, you see? I like dilly-dallying...surfing Facebook at the ungodly hour of 6 in the morning, all that.

So I reached school and it was Business Law. The lesson itself was boring, though it's content was not. It gave me a better understanding of contracts, and what it actually entails. I haven't gotten my textbook yet, so I had to be innovative in my preparation for the lesson. I read up on everything through Wikipedia. Wikipedia is my best friend now.

It's unbelievably useful. I don't know why people look down on Wikipedia so much. Personally, I think it's good if you want brief concise summaries of key concepts. Of course it can never replace the textbook, but for the time being, it will have to do. Besides, the text book is got damn expensive if bought firsthand. I'm still trying to look for someone to buy it from.

So after Business Law, we (me and other people) walked over to Sunshine Plaza for lunch. It's a 15-minute walk from school. Under the hot sun, that 15-minute walk felt like a gruelling route march. I was sweating, and panting, and all that shit. And as an icing to the cake (heh), when we got there, there was a long queue at the particular restaurant we wanted to eat at. The lunch hour had just started, so most of the restaurant's patrons just got there too. Consequently, we had to wait a looooooooong time.

I sweated like a pig under the scorching sun.

Finally got the food. Green curry was good. We walked back to school, and apparently, people get hungry very easily. And people get cravings too. Crazy-ass cravings which motivates them to walk all the way to CITY HALL. From Sunshine Plaza, to City Hall, under the hot sun. For EGGETTES.

What are eggettes? They're waffle-like thingies which look like a reverse bee-hive. They tasted okay, I guess, but I can't take it seriously, because "eggettes" rhymes with "faggot". I'm not homophobic...I just don't like the way "faggot" sounds.

And we went back to school, and I had my LTB meeting, which was fruitful I think. I'm beginning to look at the idea of giving back to the community more positively now hahaha. One day, I shall install an iPad2 in every old folk's home.

Had dinner after, and then an internship talk. The internship talk itself was interesting to me, because it forced me to think about the reality of it all, and how seriously the world takes itself. For an internship, there may be several stages of interviews, apparently. The me of today isn't ready to handle that. Maybe the me of the future.

But for now, I'm going to work hard, enjoy my days. I took a bus home, did whatever school work I had, and now, I'm blogging. I have a cup of ice-cream in front of me. I've drenched it with Kahlua, which is alcoholic coffee. It tastes orgasmic as fuck.

Now here's a picture of the sky.

PS: I didn't really mention who I specifically hung out with today, but I don't like talking about other people on my blog. Needless to say, I had fun, and the people I hang out with in school (aka, my friends) are one of the reasons I look forward to each and every day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment